
I have been working on a knitted stocking cap for DH. He picked out some really soft alpaca yarn. I was almost done, but then made a mistake in the pattern and had to tear it ALL out and start over. Here is a photo of how much was done and the final unraveling of the hat.
3 comments:
What a buff and mannish arm you have unraveling the cap! Don't worry, it's the only way to learn, or so my mom says. I have seen her get through 50 rows of intricate design for a blanket and a scarf, and because there was just one little skipped stitch, the pattern changed. I thought they both still looked great and had uniques designs to them, but she is such a perfectionist, she had to pull the whole thing apart! It's so frustrating to see all of that hard and beautiful work come apart in two minutes or less. Oh well, makes you better at knitting more intricate designs...I suppose. Good luck during round 2 of the stocking cap battle!
Hey, thanks for being so encouraging. I almost wanted to cry! I started doing some new lace stitch, but since I was working in the round, it got all screwed up. I think I might try doing a different stich, because this one is freaking me out!
Maybe next time you could go to the yarn/knit shoppe and have them fix the mistake. That's what I did. Saved me from having to unravel the whole piece!!! Hugs! Good luck on round 2!
Post a Comment