
Cat's out of the bag....I collect pencils. Check out the fun pencil facts from above.
I belive I have more pencils than the pencil collection displayed above.

Amazing artwork made out of pencils (above and below).
Pencil lead made into artwork. Pretty amazing.

And, lastly, a neat display about how pencils are manufactured.

This pencil exhibit that I ran into was really neat. (I know, nerdy)
3 comments:
Did you know of H. D.Thoreau's work in improving pencil quality? He made a device for drilling the wood out so that the lead could be slipped in from the end instead of having to split the wood and then glue it back together. He also improved the lead, making American pencils that were good enough for mechanical drawing. His family also owned a mine from which graphite was extracted.
This may be my favorite post in the entire history of your blog! Pencil nerd! Love it.
Snowbrush~
Thanks for the insight. There was some mention of Thoreau and his father, but I can't remember it all at this point. Plus, I wasn't supposed to have a camera at the exhibit. But it was my cell phone, so....not really a camera?
Post a Comment