Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29


My hairdresser gave me a $150 curling iron to borrow for my wedding this summer. It is really awesome and gets super hot. The brand is worn off, so I'm not sure what kind it is. Anyway, my hair is holding this curl, and has been for hours in the Iowa humidity with absolutely no styling product in it whatsoever. I think it's because it gets so super hot. I'm afraid that it'll fry my hair off, but I feel like I need to "practice" fixing it since I don't want an up-do.

3 comments:

pharmd2012 said...

Wow! Looks awesome! I think that is one bad-ass curling iron if your hair stayed like that all day in the nasty Iowa humidity. Keep working with it until you are comfortable using it. You could always use a leave in conditioner or do a conditioning treatment before the wedding if you feel your hair is drying out too much. My parents are/were both barbers - I know this stuff. But damn, girl - looks good!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks gorgeous! I am going to have to get an expensive curling iron! Have faith - your hair won't fall out! As phard2012 said, use super conditioners!

khelsaoe said...

Thanks, ladies! I was very happy with how it turned out. Good to know I've got an expert if I need to consult. It kind of looks like an Enzo Milano similar to this, but not quite... http://www.shophairtools.com/enzo-milano-grande-curling-iron.html