Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6






Everytime I go into a Borders bookstore, I am unable to not pick up a bargain book about the human body.  I'm not sure at what point my ever-growing collection makes me a little creepy.  But, seriously, how cool are these pictures??  (Edit: to include microscope photos from inside book)

7 comments:

pharmd2012 said...

I say the collection can become as large as you want it to without ever being creepy...as long as you don't use that information in a creepy manner. You will be a health professional so I say why not bulk up on info that relates to your trade? Maybe I am a bit biased though because I seem to buy a lot of those books, too. It looks like a great purchase.

Snowbrush said...

Because I have so many surgeries, I got a library card at the University of Oregon so I can read the same books the doctors read. The photos are a lot more gritty--and less artistic--as you might imagine. Indeed, they make me ill because, although I've watched numerous autopsies, it gets disquietingly personal when it's my body that's about to be cut open and my bones bared in the same manner as the ones in the picture.
Aside from that, I enjoy anatomy, esp the Latin terminology.

Snowbrush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snowbrush said...

P.S. I accidentally posted the same comment twice, and felt a need to explain. Now that I'm back though, I'll answer your query.

"I'm not sure at what point my ever-growing collection makes me a little creepy."

After two more books, you should stop buying for ten years. After that, you can start as if from scratch.

khelsaoe said...

Ha ha. Thanks, Snow. You are very wise.

pharmd2012 said...

Ooooh you added more pictures. Cool. I love this stuff, so I guess I can be categorized as creepy, too. Have you seen the Body Worlds exhibit? If not, I highly recommend it because you cannot get any closer to human anatomy than that!

khelsaoe said...

No, I haven't yet. I do know some people who have gone and they also highly recommended it. Someday.....