Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 10


I warned you about the self-portraits!! The hair is straight again. Check out how unsymmetrical my eyebrows are...I'm not purposely raising one. That's just how they are. No amount of tweazing will fix that. Besides, I wouldn't want to fix it. I am who I am, and I'm definitely not perfect, or symmetrical, apparently. :)

Worked 'til noon today. DF and I had a nice, romantic dinner at Cafe Fresh in Moline. It's on the corner of 5th Ave and 13th Street. Go there, try it, enjoy it. Then we headed over to our friend Tien Chang's art show. He had seven new oil paintings for display. He did the oil painting of DF and I that DF commissioned for my birthday (which I love). I didn't feel right snapping a bunch of pictures of his stuff, so you get a picture of me.

Side note: The sludgy, melty ditch that turned into a giant piece of ice is now covered in snow, and the snow has removed my urge to stand in it to see if it really is waist-deep.

No comments: