Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11

I accidentally got myself addicted to caffeine during finals week last month. I swear, it was an accident!! Kind of like that time I accidentally got drunk in Chicago in the middle of the day -- wait. That's a completely different story. Anyway, I grabbed a Rockstar one day when I needed a boost, and here I am, nearly a month later... I'm really sensitive to caffeine, and when I stop drinking it, I get a horrible withdrawal headache. That is why I'm afraid to stop. I should probably just suck it up, deal with the near-migraine-strength-vomit-inducing headache, but I'm afraid.

Sometimes I think to myself, "People drink coffee every morning. What's wrong with a Dew for breakfast?" But I know it's not great for me. I'm trying to taper myself off. I downgraded from Rockstar to Diet Mountain Dew, and now I'm moving on to Diet Pepsi, which I'm hoping has less of the evil compound than does the Dew. Next, I'll try some caffeinated tea, and then nothing. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

ectosquirt said...

I'm here for you Chels. I was there last time you were addicted to caffeine and I'll be here again:) I also found the drunk in the middle of the day story amusing as well.

khelsaoe said...

Thanks, Trace. I feel so much better knowing you're there for me. lol. Do you remember that story?? That was a horrible day. Actually, a horrible 2 days...I was so hungover. Bleh. I hate being drunk.

ectosquirt said...

I totally remember that story. I was just telling Dan about it the other day. He he!

LaJeone said...

dude...ectosquirt is an awesome name...you remember those ectocooler drinks? try one of those maybe...