Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19

Today I drove back to Iowa City to get ready for the start of the new semester. It was a little freaky on the way. I saw upwards of 20 vehicles in the ditch. Many of them were mangled and flipped upside down or on their sides. I hope the occupants made it to their destinations safely.

When I got home, my front steps were covered with snow, and there was a good inch or two of ice underneath the snow. My landlord is doing an awesome job with snow removal!! Hope you can sense my sarcasm. On a happier note, no apparent bats or bugs or spiders in the apartment that I can see. And trust me, I did a thorough inspection.

When I left for break, it was right after my last final. Upon arrival this afternoon to my apartment, I got a laugh at the mess that is my study area. There were books, folders and notes everywhere. I'm thankful I only have 5 more finals weeks in my entire life!! This semester is going to be harder, based on the fact that I'll be taking 19 credit hours. I'm looking forward to pharmacology and medicinal chemistry. At least that's what I say now. Check back with me in about eight weeks.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you made it home without any close encounters with the ditches! Looks like it may take several days to tidy up from finals week and get ready for next semester!

LaJeone said...

nice work on the photos, i made progress too, actually took a pic today.

ek7 said...

I see you're enjoying picnik :) Good luck with classes!!

khelsaoe said...

Yes, Erin, I love picnik!! I plan on blogging about it someday soon when my life gets boring...which will be in about 1-1/2 days! lol